From folders to lesson plans to laptops to stickers and lollipops — did I mention lunch — teachers require a durable bag to keep all of their supplies for school in one convenient place.
If you aren’t organized as a teacher, you could find that you feel underprepared, are constantly losing work, and your job can become overwhelming. Okay, so even with the perfect tote our job is STILL overwhelming:/
A tote bag is the perfect addition to any teacher’s wardrobe and is an excellent way of keeping all your paperwork organized. You really gotta have one.
Keep reading to find out more.
Best Tote Bags for Teachers Reviews
The Heyrtz Laptop Tote Purse with two large compartments is designed to help you organize your essentials!
This tote bag offers strong protection for your laptop as the walls and bottom of the computer section are well-stuffed by a thick sponge.
Once a power bank (not included ) is connected and placed inside of the bag, you can charge your phone or other electronic devices easily by connecting them to the USB.
- Large pockets – This tote bag is designed to fit all of your essentials in one place, including your umbrella, drink bottle, lunch, purse, day planner, keys, cables, and more!
- Quality materials – This tote bag is made with water-resistant fabric to prevent your possessions from getting wet, along with strong carrying straps and heavy-duty zipper systems that are designed to last!
- Metal feet – This bag features four metal feet on the bottom to keep your tote bag clean and to help prevent the bottom from wearing away.
- At under $30 is SUPER affordable
- Wrong color? With over 1,800 4.8 star reviews it’s hard to find the cons. One customer noted that they received the wrong color when they bought this particular tote bag.
The MONSTINA Woman Laptop Tote Bag is a multifunctional piece that is designed to be practical, yet stylish!
This tote bag features 15 compartments and pockets so that every item is organized and convenient to access when you require it, allowing you to keep all of your essentials in one place!
The MONSTINA tote bag is made from high-grade nylon and leather, features a top zipper closure, and is wrinkle-resistant to ensure that this multifunctional bag lasts longer and keeps looking good. Maybe if your bag looks good no one will notice that you didn’t have time to comb your hair?!
- Water-resistant material – This bag keeps all of your devices and possessions safe as it is made with water-resistant material that wicks rainwater away.
- Comfortable – The round shoulder strap works to relieve shoulder fatigue and can be adapted to long-term travel so you can get the most out of your purchase.
- USB Port Design – With a built-in USB interface, it’s convenient to charge your phone or other electronic devices while keeping your power bank inside of the bag.
- One customer claimed that this bag was smaller than they were anticipating.
The Wxnow Women Laptop Tote Bag is made out of heavy-duty canvas and boasts a cotton lining for maximum durability.
This tote bag features a simple and stylish design that perfectly compliments any outfit!
The Wxnow tote bag features a compartment with foam padding for bump and shock absorption to be shockproof and protect your laptop.
- Multiple storage compartments – This bag features 12 Interior and exterior pockets that hold your daily belongings and essentials.
- Versatile – This bag is great for a variety of uses, it can be used for your school essentials as a teacher, is great for shopping, running errands, and more!
- Safe – This tote bag is suitable for the majority of 13″/14″/15″/15.6″ laptops so that your laptop is safe when you are commuting to work.
- A couple of customers noted that the straps for this particular tote bag were too short.
The BAG WIZARD Women Laptop Tote Bag for Work is made from sturdy canvas to ensure that it is durable and can withstand the test of time.
This tote bag features 3 main compartments for your convenience – 1 fully padded 15.6” laptop compartment, and another 2 compartments for a variety of possessions including notebooks, work folders, and supplies for your working day!
Not only is this lightweight tote bag stylish, but it also offers all the practicality you need without feeling too heavy or bulky!
- Versatile – This useful tote bag is great for day-to-day use for work or is perfect for all-around use for a variety of errands!
- High-quality materials – Made out of a durable canvas, this tote bag is sure to withstand frequent use and the test of time.
- Large capacity – This bag is large enough to fit all of your every day essentials and more to ensure that you are always prepared as a teacher!
- One customer struggled with the zipper of this particular tote bag.
Laptop Bag for Women 15.6 Inch Waterproof Leather Computer Bag Women Work Tote Bag Large Office Handbags Briefcase
The LOVEVOOK Laptop Bag for Women is made of durable and premium scratch-resistant soft PU leather and polyester lining.
This tote bag boasts a thickened soft protective foam pad and velcro strap to secure and fully protect your laptop, tablet, or any other devices you store in your bag and to help prevent them from being damaged.
The LOVEVOOK tote bag features smooth, durable zippers to prevent any sticking and adjustable hardware, including handle straps and removable metal buckles.
- Durable materials – This bag is made with anti-scratch and tear-resistant material to ensure that it holds up to everyday use on your daily commute to work!
- Multiple pockets – The tote bag boasts multiple pockets to organize your possessions for your convenience.
- 1-year quality protection – Should you have any problems with the quality of your LOVEVOOK tote bag, you are covered for up to a year!
- The material of this particular tote bag was made out of a stiff material, so it may not be comfortable to have on your shoulder for long periods of time.
There are a few things to take into account when you’re buying a tote bag for a teacher, but it mainly comes down to the material, the size, and the number of pockets.
As a product you’re going to be taking to school every week day stuffed with all of your essentials and school supplies, you are going to need to make sure that the tote bag that you purchase is durable.
It needs to be strong enough to hold a lot and be able to withstand frequent use. After all, you don’t want your bag breaking on the school run one morning!
Read the factors below before going ahead with your purchase.
Type of material
An important factor to bear in mind when buying a tote bag is the type of material that the bag is made out of. A few common materials used to make tote bags include but are not limited to:
- Canvas – Canvas is one of the most common materials used to make tote bags as it is not only durable but is also incredibly easy to clean and maintain.
- Leather – Generally speaking, leather tote bags are always going to be the priciest option on the scale. That being said, leather is durable and you’ll often see tote bags that are made with leather paneling for a design aspect or are entirely leather to make a durable bag!
- Faux leather – Faux leather comes in a variety of different colors and is significantly less expensive and durable than real leather.
- Suede – Suede is also often used to make tote bags, yet is arguably the most high maintenance material to maintain and take care of. Suede doesn’t deal well with water, so you’ll want to get your hands on some suede protector spray to ensure the moisture doesn’t ruin your tote bag.
- Nylon. A lot of tote bags that are marked as water-resistant are made out of heavy-duty and durable nylon. This makes nylon a very practical choice, as it is bound to withstand the test of time and frequent use.
Whichever material you opt for, it is important to make sure that you are choosing practicality as well as style.
It is also worth noting that a lot of tote bags are made with water-resistant material in order to make sure that rainwater doesn’t seep into the bag and ruin or damage your devices or possessions. That being said, if you know you’re going to be carrying your laptop, you might want to consider this.
Always make sure that you check the material of your bag before going ahead with your purchase.
When you’re on the hunt for a new bag, you will need to consider the size of your tote bag. The size that you opt for will depend on the number of supplies that you need to bring with you to school.
Alongside this, the size of your bag will determine how convenient it is for you to pack all of your essentials. That being said, the larger the bag, the more possessions you can comfortably fit in your tote bag and carry with you. That’s NOT good for your back and shoulders!
The size of your tote bag as a teacher is important to get right, as you want to ensure that you are as organized as possible. An organized bag will help you to make sure that you are prepared and can easily access your supplies.
Something you’ll need to consider when purchasing a tote bag is the number of pockets and compartments it comes with. Simply put, the more pockets that your bag contains, the more organized you can keep your bag.
Imagine that every item will have a place of its own or a specific section that you can easily access. What’s not to love? You’ll be more organized than ever!
This is important to bear in mind because as a teacher, it is likely that you’ll have a variety of supplies that you want to keep organized and separate to make it as convenient as possible when it comes to locating everything that you need.
From paperwork to lesson plans, to pencils to markers, you’ll want a bag with enough pockets that you can easily locate everything and so that your bag doesn’t feel cluttered.
A work bag isn’t supposed to hinder your life by being overcrowded and messy. As a result, then, you should look for a bag with the right amount of pockets and compartments to make your work life easier.
When purchasing a tote bag for a teacher, you’ll need to consider the durability. As a purchase that you’re going to be using every single week day, you’ll need to ensure that it is of good quality and is going to withstand the test of time.
A good indication of whether a product is a durable investment is to check the product reviews section. Here, customers can leave feedback, good or bad about the product and give you a better understanding of whether you want to invest in it yourself.
If a customer has experienced a fault with the product, it is likely that they’ll let you know this in the product reviews section.
Alongside this, the product reviews can reveal a lot about a company’s customer service. Although problems often occur that are outside of their control, the way a brand deals with the repercussions will tell you a lot about the business and whether you want to support them.
For instance, if a customer has had a bad experience with getting hold of a company’s customer service, you might decide you want to find a brand with good reviews across the board to cover yourself should something go wrong with your product.
Always make sure that you do your own research and are happy with the reviews of a product before going ahead with your purchase.
You will also need to think about the maintenance of your tote bag. The method in which you clean your tote bag will depend on the type of material that you opt for. I personally prefer self-cleaning but haven’t found one yet. I can still hope!
That being said, you will want to ensure that the tote bag that you are purchasing is convenient to clean and take care of, whether it’s machine washable or wipeable.
While a lot of fabric tote bags are made out of machine-washable canvas, others such as faux leather and suede tote bags will obviously require different cleaning methods that are specific to the material.
Making sure that you understand how to care for the specific material of your tote bag is fundamental to ensuring that it lasts for as long as possible and that you get your money’s worth in the investment that you’ve made.
Although the quality of a bag is often relative to the price of the bag, making sure that you’re taking care of it as best as you can is going to ensure that it lasts significantly longer than if you were to treat it badly.
You could have the best quality bag in the world, and it still wouldn’t last if you didn’t make the effort to maintain it properly. Always check the care instructions for your tote bag and make sure that you are happy before clicking ‘buy’.
Something else you will need to consider is the extra features that your tote bag comes with. A lot of the time, these extra features aren’t absolutely necessary but can make your life significantly easier if you require something specific.
For instance, a lot of work bags come with a USB port design that allows you to charge your phone with the addition of a power bank.
This is an incredibly handy feature when you’re commuting to and from work, and allows you to charge your phone on the go! If you travel a lot, then this is a great extra feature as it means that you’ll always have a safe place to charge your devices.
Alongside this, other bags feature keyrings that you can safely attach to your keys to ensure that they are easily accessible at all times. This is a particularly handy feature if you are prone to searching through your bag for your keys that are at the bottom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you wash a tote bag?
The answer to this question will entirely depend on the type of material that your bag is made out of.
Different materials will require different cleaning methods to ensure that you keep the bag in the best condition. For instance, if you own a leather tote the instructions will likely recommend that you simply wipe it clean when it needs to be cleaned.
On the other hand, if you were to buy a durable canvas bag, it is typically safe for you to machine wash them when they’re particularly dirty.
That being said, to be safe, always make sure that you check the care instructions for your tote bag and ensure that it is machine washable for placing it in the washing machine to be safe.
Sometimes you get what you pay for. Other times you can grab awesome stuff FOR FREE. You have found the latter:-) Check out the descriptions below of various lesson plans and resources that are...
The Supreme Court usually leaves some tough cases until right before their summer break. Brnovich v. DNC was handed down on the last day with a...